Monday, March 17, 2014

Burt's Bees Sensitive Night Cream with Cotton Extract Review.

A few months ago I found a night moisturizer that I absolutely love, it's the Burt's Bees Sensitive Night Cream. In the past I've never used anything from Burt's Bees facial line so at first I hesitated whether it would work with my skintype or not, and also if it would be too heavy and cause me break outs, but it it turnt out to be a great moisturizer, so I decided to write a review about it!
Packaging
It comes in a glass jar, which is very heavy and in my opinion not practical at all, it's not travel friendly. It would be better if they'd replace it with a plastic one.

Price
Unfortunately Burt's Bees is a brand that is not available in Greece, so I purchased it online from Feelunique for 17 euros, which is quite an affordable price in my opinion. It contains 50g, and it lasted me for quite a few months because I only use it at night time.

 Texture
It has an opaque white color with a very lightweight texture, like a mousse, it blends quite easily onto the skin but it needs a bit of rubbing because it can leave white streaks if it's not blended properly, as you can see from the picture.
For my difficult skintype, which sometimes is combination and other times is very oily and dehydrated, this is a very good moisturizer. It helps a lot with the dry patches on my cheeks and around my mouth but in the same time it never made me super oily, well it can be a little shiny on my nose area but then again that is something that I expect from a night cream, so I don't mind. It never caused me break outs which is a huge plus for me since I'm very acne prone.
 The ingredients it contains are 99% natural, the main one is cotton extract which helps with minimising the effects of potential irritants such as harsh soaps or cleansers, and that's the main problem of my dehydrated skin. Here's what the brand says about this moisturizer:

- Softens and helps replenish skin's outer layer with Cotton Extract.
- Moisturises with Rice Extract.
- Helps calms skin with Aloe.
- Does not cause redness or irritation.
- Fragrance-free and hypo-allergenic.
- Allergy-tested and dermatologist-tested.

I couldn't agree more with all of the above! Whenever my skin had a reaction to the weather and became itchy and very dry this moisturizer helped a lot, it's very good for sensitive skins and for all skintypes, except maybe the very dry ones because I don't think this would be moisturizing enough for you.


Pros
 -It has a very lightweight "mousse" type of texture.

-It moisturizes the skin very well and it helps with dry patches.

-It's very gentle with sensitive skintypes, it helps with redness and itchyness.

-It's fragrance-free and hypo-allergenic.

- It's not heavy for combination and oily skintypes.


Cons
-It needs to be blended really well, otherwise it leaves white streaks on the face.

-It's not moisturizing enough for dry skintypes.



Rating: 9/10
Overall this is a great basic night moisturizer, it doesn't promise you anything more than a good hydration and that's exactly what it does. It's super gentle with sensitive skintypes, and if you have sensitive skin you know how hard is to find a moisturizer that helps with skin irritations such as ithyness, burning sensation, redness etc. I wanna try different night creams in the future but I would definitely repurchase it, it's my safe choice whenever my skin reacts badly.



 If any of you have tried the Burt's Bees Sensitive Night moisturizer let me know your opinion about it, I'm very curious because I haven't read that many reviews on it.



3 comments:

  1. Πολύ ενδιαφέρουσα φαίνεται, σίγουρα θα την έχω στα υπ'όψιν - μ'άρεσε πολύ η σύστασή της! Πολύ καλό review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. πολύ ενδιαφέρον. Μου αρέσει η κρέμα να μην είναι βαριά στο πρόσωπο. Θα την εχω στο νου μου!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Πολύ ωραίο review! Μάλλον για μένα δεν είναι όμως γιατί έχω λίγο ξηρό δέρμα!

    ReplyDelete