Thursday, November 28, 2013

Collective Haul (Sephora, Clinique, Essence, Vera Wang, Seventeen, Ecotools)

Hello my lovelies, how is everyone doing? Today is a sunny but chilly day here and I decided to write a haul post about all the goodies that I bought recently. I've been buying all these since the end of October, I also did a mini Mac haul last week but I took the pictures for this post before I bought them so I may include them in a future haul. Let's continue with the haul!
Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Clarifying Lotion
I've used the Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2 for almost 5, and I really like it. But since I was using it only on certain areas for my blemishes, I decided to go for the Anti-Blemish one this time to see if it works better. After using it for almost a month my opinion is that both this and the #2 Clarifying Lotion do pretty much the same job, the only problem is that the Anti-Blemish one is super strong, so unless your skin can handle it, I'd say go for the #2 which is milder and has a better scent.

Vera Wang Princess Perfume
This has been my HG perfume for the past year, and since the one I was using  finished, I went and bought a new one. I can't really describe the smell because I'm really bad at doing that, but for me it's the perfect everyday perfume, it's not too light or too strong. I'm very picky with my perfumes, I don't like that most of the perfumes I'm testing out on my skin at the stores, after an hour all end up smelling the same. Princess keeps its unique and light scent even after many hours of wearing it.
Sephora Smoothing & Brightening Concealer in Medium 05
I really wanted to try this highlighter/concealer for a long time, because I read that it's a really good dupe for YSL Touch Eclat and Mac's Prep n' Prime Highlighter, but this one is way cheaper. I was surprised that they have such a good color range, I chose the peach one because peach is a really good color corrector for my dark brown undereye circles. I have to admit that it's not very brightening, perhaps I should go for a more pinkish shade instead of a peachy one, but the peach does correct the brown shade of my undereye circles. It's not exactly a concealer so I like to use it on top of my regular one or maybe use it on its own whenever I feel like I just want to have a light coverage undereye my eyes. Perhaps next time I'll try the Mac Prep n' Prime Highlighter, because I used to have the YSL Touch Eclat and even though it's an amazing highlighter for underneath the eyes, it's ridiculously expensive.

Sephora 10HR Wear Perfection Foundation in Medium 25-Beige
I got this foundation because there was a deal at Sephora buy one and get one free at the Sephora brand products, and because I really wanted to try the Smoothing & Brightening Concealer that I mentioned before I thought it was a great opportunity to try one of their foundations. I've only used this foundation twice and so far I have mixed feelings about it. I thought it would be similar to Mac's Pro Longwear foundation because they're both longwearing but I was wrong. Firstly the texture is not liquid, it's something between a liquid and a mousse, and I'm a person who prefers liquid foundations Secondly it's not as long lasting as it claims to be, it doesn't stay for more than 5 hours and after that it starts to transfer all over my face. And lastly the coverage it's light to medium, I was expecting more of a medium to full. The only thing that I really like it's the shade, I chose the 25 Medium and I have to say that it's a great match for my NC25 skintone, I like the fact that it's a true beige shade rather than a yellow one like Mac's foundation shades are.
EcoTools Six Piece Essential Eye Set
This is a set of brushes that I wanted to try for a long time, ever since I saw Lucy using them in her Youtube tutorials, so I ordered them from iHerb here , and I'm surprised that they're very cheap for their quality. I love the fact that they are short handled, because that makes them very travel friendly and also cute! Since I got them I seriously can't stop using them, I love them all, especially the angled and the blending one! At first I thought that because they have synthetic hair it would be difficult to really pack the color on the lids but I was wrong, they're doing an excellent job and because they have synthetic hair they're more gentle on my sensitive eyes.
EcoTools Bamboo Flat Eyeliner
One more brush from Ecotools that I wanted to try is their angled liner one, but I couldn't find it so I went for the flat eyeliner instead, which I also got from iHerb here. I'm quite happy with it, it's very dense and it applies with precision my eyeshadows as eyeliners, especially on my lower lashlines, but it doesn't create very thin lines.
Seventeen Supreme polish #150
Seventeen it's my HG drugstore brand, especially when it comes to nail polishes! They released four new shades with their fall collection, two cremes and two shimmery ones, this was the one that I liked the most. It's a true black shade with lots of small silver glitter particles, when it's on the nail it almost looks like a graphite shade. Very pretty for those who love dark and vampy shades on their nails with a hint of sparkle, without being too much.
Essence Longlasting lipstick in 07 Natural Beauty
I've been looking for this lipstick for almost two months but it was always out of stock, and now I finally found it! Actually it's the only shade that I wanted to buy from the new longlasting lipstick line. It's a medium neutral pink with plum undertones, such a beautiful shade with a great texture, it's something between a Mac lustre and cremesheen lipstick, and it's also quite pigmented.



Have you tried any of the products that I mentioned? Do you like them?
Let me know!

22 comments:

  1. The new essence lipsticks have great color selection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they do, and they have amazing pigmentation.

      Delete
  2. Τι καλά που με βρήκες και σε βρήκα κι εγώ! Μ' αρέσει πολύ το blog σου και έχουμε και οι 2 coral στο όνομα χαχαχα!!! Έχω κι εγώ κάποια πινέλα από Ecotools και είναι πολύ-πολύ καλά! Φιλιά! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Και εγω χάρηκα, και μου αρέσει το blog σου! Σ'ευχαριστώ πολύ πολύ, να 'σαι καλά!!

      Delete
  3. Τα πήρα και εγώ αυτά τα πινελάκια από ecotools!! :) Δε σε ενοχλούν τα skincare προϊόντα της clinique που έχεις και το πιο ευαίσθητο δέρμα του κόσμου; Εμένα δεν τα αντέχει το δέρμα μου :/ Αααααα ωραίο αυτό το κραγιονάκι από Essence, θα το πάρω! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Τις κρεμες απο Clinique δεν τις αντεχω, αλλα με την #2 Clarifying Lotion δεν ειχα ποτε προβλημα, αλλα κ παλι την χρησιμοποιω σε συγκεκριμενα σημεια οταν εχω break outs.

      Delete
  4. Θέλω και εγώ να παραγγείλω τα πινέλα από iHerb!
    Τα κραγιόν από Essence μου αρέσουν πολύ, έχω 2 αποχρώσεις.
    Πολύ μου άρεσε το post σου!!
    Φιλιάα

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Σ'ευχαριστω πολύ!! Να το κανεις ειναι πολυ καλα!

      Delete
  5. καλοριζικα ολα!χαιρομαι που σου αρεσαν τα πινελακια!το κραγιον εχει την αγαπημενη μου αποχρωση!φιλακια πολλα!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Το κραγιόν είναι απ'τα αγαπημένα μου της σειράς! Με γεια όλα!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Τελειο χρώμα το κραγιον, αλλά και το μανό επίσης!! Με γεια σου όλα!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Δυστηχως δεν εχω αυτα πινελα απο Real Techniques, αλλα σιγουρα τα Ecotools ειναι πιο φθηνα και πραγματικα εχουν πολυ καλη ποιοτητα! Ειναι σχεδον εξισου καλα με Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ενδιαφέρον έχουν τα πινέλα!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Πολύ ωραία όλα!!Με γειά!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. πολύ ωραία όλα!ειδικά τα πινέλα,το κραγιόν και το βερνίκι...
    με γεια!
    http://touchyourownbeauty.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great haul! I should check the Sephora YSL dupe thingy, Sephora aways make some great products that are majorly underrated! And that Seventeen nail polish looks stunning! Enjoy everything dear!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a huge fan of ecotools brushes, they're great quality aren't they? Also love the look of that essence lipstick! So pretty. Great haul lovely :)

    http://peace-loveandmake-up.blogspot.co.uk/

    Stacey x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, off course there are plenty of ways to pull off a fabulous and marvelous look while wearing these types of Vera Wang Bridal dresses.


    ReplyDelete