Monday, October 21, 2013

My First NYX Haul.

A few weeks ago, Cherryculture had a really good offer, you could purchase any product with 40% off, and it was a great opportunity for me to try out for the first time some of NYX's products. One thing that I have to say is that Cherryculture's international shipping rates are ridiculously expensive, I think I paid 14 US$ for these few items, so if you want to order from them in the future you should definitely wait for an offer like this one, so you could save some money. Also with my order I was lucky to receive one of their lip balms of my choice as a freebie, so I chose the Raspberry one, and it's delicious! So let's see what I got!
I'll start of with the products that I wanted to purchase the most from NYX, and these are some of their lipglosses. Generally I'm not a lipgloss person, I rarely use them and I rarely buy them, but I've heard so many good reviews about their lipglosses so I was really curious to try some of them. I knew I wanted to purchase some of their Butter Glosses, so I chose 2 shades that I knew I would wear the most, I went for the Apple Strudel and the Creme Brulee. Apple Strudel is a light coral peachy-pink shade, which I absolutely adore, I think it will be perfect for spring and summer time, and Creme Brulee is a light muted pink, perfect for an everyday look. I have to say that I didn't expect their texture to be that sticky, they're almost as sticky as Mac's lipglasses, but they apply really well on the lips, they don't create any milky lines which I hate. They don't have any shimmers and they give that glossy- "J.Lo" wet lips, I really like that look because it makes my lips look more plumpy, I only wish they weren't that sticky.
One more lipgloss that I really wanted to try because people on youtube and blogs keep raving about it, was the Mega Shine Lipgloss in Beige. This lipgloss surprised me so much, I didn't expect liking it at all, but seriously is the only lip product I've been using on my lips since I got it, I think that says something! First I'll talk about the formula, which is amazing, it doesn't contain any shimmers and it's not as sticky as the Butter Glosses, but also it's not watery, it has the perfect "in between" texture, and it's also very pigmented. The shade is not beige at all, I don't know why they called it like that but anyway, it's a medium pink with purple undertones. I'm telling you that if I had to choose one lipcolor to use for my entire life I think it would be this one, I'm definitely going to try more of these Mega Shine lipglosses because I really love their formula.
 Here's a picture with all the swatches, from left to right are, Mega Shine lipgloss in Beige, Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel and Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee.
Besides the lipglosses, a NYX blush has been forever in my wishlist, but when the moment came to choose only one between all of their shades it was really hard, so I chose a shade that would be better for the fall, so I went for the Espresso Blush, and I think I did pretty well. Espresso is the perfect neutral shade for the fall, it's something between rose, brown, beige and little bit of peach, I know my description is not helpful at all but it's a cross between all of these shades. The texture is very good, it melts onto my skin, it's not powdery at all. I want to try more of NYX's blushes in the future for sure.

Lastly I picked up 2 lip pencils, NYX has an amazing huge variety of lip pencils, and it's very hard for me to find here light pink shades, it seems that I only find light beige or light brown ones, but never light pink. I chose the shades Pale Pink and Nude Pink. both are light pink shades, Pale Pink is a mauvish light pink and Nude Pink is a little more pigmented warm pink. I love them both, and I'm really happy that Pale Pink is the exact dupe of my beloved but discontinued Essence Soft Rose . I only have to say is that they're not soft pencils like the Essence ones are, they're more on the hard side. 




Overall I'm very happy with all the things that I got, I know it was a small haul, but these were the only stuff that I wanted to try from NYX right now, but in the future I definitely want to try more, especially the Mega Shine lipglosses and the blushes.
Let me know if you've tried any of these products, and I'm very curious to know what are your opinions about them. Also if you have any other NYX recommendations, please feel free to tell me any of your HG NYX products!


15 comments:

  1. Espresso looks like a lovely blush. I love colours like that for winter.

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Μεγειάααααα!!!!!!!
    Το beige gloss είναι κλασσικό!!Το θέλω!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fell in love with the Butter gloss in Creme Brulee... Τέλειο χρώμα!!!

    cupsofbeauty.blogspot.gr :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice makeup products have bought, I love NXC <3
    nice lip gloss <3
    I follow facebook, bloglovin and from blog readers called Judith.
    As torteij88 follow you on twitter.
    Are you following me?
    http://juditnailpolishblog.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the gloss colors! So pretty!!

    xo,
    Mariamma

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love NYX stuff, I ve got so many the last year and most of them are hits. I love the matte lipsticks and the mega shine glosses, I love the hd foundation and primer. The Blushes are all a hit, powders, cream and grinding. Great quality- price ratio. Nice selection you got here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely try more of their Mega Shine lipglosses, Beige really surpsrised me! Thanks for all the recs.

      Delete
  7. Oh how I love NYX! Seriously though, cherryculture has to get its shit together, what's with the shipping fees? I prefer ebay! Next time try their cream blushes, they're extra extra pigmented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will thanks! The shipping rates are ridiculously expensive for no reason!

      Delete
  8. wow! ολες οι επιλογες σου ηταν σουπερ!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Πολύ ωραία χρωματάκια!
    στο blog μου ξεκίνησε διαγωνισμός!
    http://touchyourownbeauty.blogspot.gr/2013/10/yves-rocher.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Εχω φτιαξει μια ωραιοτατη wishlist και περιμενω υπομονετικα ως την Black Friday μπας και βαλουν καποια καλη εκπτωση η δωρεαν μεταφορικα... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Με γειά σου!Πολύ όμορφο το espresso

    ReplyDelete
  12. Με γειααα!οντως πολυ βλακεια αυτο με τα μεταφορικα!ειπα να εκμεταλλευτω την εκπτωση κι εγω και να παρω ενα Beautyblender και η εκπτωση ηταν οσο τα μεταφορικα..οποτε beautybay και παλι!το pale pink ειναι παρα πολυ ωραιο το εχω κι εγω και το χρησιμοποιω με αποχρωσεις οπως το angel η το creme cup!να δοκιμασεις οντως τα κρεμωδη ρουζ και τα ματ κραγιον ειναι τελεια αυτα που εχω!φιλια!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've wanted to try out NYX products for years! Lovely to see what you've got.. I'm eying up products as we speak, haha xx

    ps. thank you for sending me your link after the #bbloggers chat yesterday honey!

    EmmaBelleFashion | Twitter | GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete