Monday, July 22, 2013

L'oreal Mega Volume Collagene 24H Mascara Review.

It was about time to write a review about my absolute HG mascara, I didn't review it the first time  I bought it last year, but I'm going to do it now. I have to say that L'oreal mascaras really impressed me this past year, they have the best drugstore mascaras, and they're even better than lots of high end ones.
Brush - Texture
The Mega Volume comes with a typical mascara brush, not a plastic one, which is good because I don't like plastic mascara brushes anyway, so that's a bonus for me. It's kind on the big side, but not extremely huge, like the ones that can poke your eyes and cause a mess on your lids everytime you try to apply even one coat of it. The bristles are not very dense, you can see there are gaps between them, and that helps a lot with defining the lashes, and the best part is that it doesn't clump, at all. 
The texture is what I love the most about this mascara. It has a very soft texture like a mousse, it reminds me of the Maybelline Mega Plush mascara, not as soft as the Maybelline but close enough, and the old but discontinued here Maybelline Full n' Soft. I can wear it for hours and hours and not make my eyes hurt or make them watery, which is my main problem with mascaras, I can't stand heavy mascaras, they make my sensitive eyes watery and after a few hours they hurt. One more thing that I noticed is that with this mascara I can use a second coat, while with others I can't do it because their formula is too hard and I find it difficult to add a second coat, with the Mega Volume I don't have that problem. It's not a waterproof mascara but still it doesn't smudge on my lower lashlines, even now that is summertime.


Application 
This mascara is mostly a volumizing one, even though I can see that it adds some length on my lashes as well.  Here's a picture so you can see the results:
It definitely adds volume to my lashes and holds a curl, these are the two things that I look in a mascara! Also it's very easy to remove, I only use one cotton pad while with other mascaras I need 2 cotton pads for each eye.


Price
Here in Greece, it costs 18 euros, which is not that cheap, especially for a drugstore mascara. I got mine with a 3 euros off coupon, but even if I didn't have the coupon I'd still buy it anyway because I love it so much! You can find it at Hondos Center stores, Sephora, etc.


Pros
- It adds lots of volume on the lashes.
 
-It has a very soft texture that doesn't make my eyes hurt even after many hours of wearing it.

-It does hold a curl.
 
-It doesn't smudge throught the day.

-It's very easy to remove it.


Cons
-The price, it's somehow expensive to be a drugstore mascara.



Rating: 9/10
I would give this mascara a ten to ten if it wasn't for the price, but overall in my opinion the L'oreal Mega Vollume Collagene 24H mascara is the best drugstore volumizing mascara out there. I don't have to say a lot, besides that I absolutely love it!



I'm very curious to know if any of you have tried this mascara, because it's not very popular in the beauty blogger community. I want to know if you like it as much as I do!



 




5 comments:

  1. ααα την έχω αυτή κλειστή με έψησες να είναι από τις πρώτες που θα ανοίξω :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Χεχεχε, να το κανεις, ειναι απλα υπεροχη!

      Delete
  2. δεν την εχω παρει και λεω να αποφυγω τις μασκαρα για λιγο καιρο..για ευνοητους λογους χιχι!παρολα αυτα αν τελειωσω μερικες θελω να τη δοκιμασω.γτ δεν την παιρνεις απο το feelunique?λογικα θα ειναι πιο θφηνη οπως και τα περισσοτερα :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Στο Feelunique την εχει γθρω στα 13 ευρω, οσο την πηρα κ εγω απο εδω. Αλλα αν δεν την βρισκω σε προσφορα εδω σιγουρα θα την παιρνω απο εκει δεν το συζητω. Ασε καταλαβαινω, τωρα θελω να παρω να δοκιμασω αλλες 2 μασκαρα, μια ειναι η καινουργια της Max Factor αλλα προηγειται μια waterproof.

      Delete
    2. σωστα ειπες την πηρες σε προσφορα.κοιτα εγω χρησιμοποιω την extended play lash της mac και μου αρεσει πολυ.εχει ενα λεπτο βουρτσακι-τριχινο και αφαιρειται ευκολα με ζεστο νερο.τωρα στη θαλασσα εκανα ενα μπανιο ολο κι ολο και δεν ειχα προβλημα.τσεκαρε την.απο mf εχω την false lash κλειστη και περιμενω να τελειωσουν οι αλλες που εχω ανοιχτες.ευτυχως ειναι στα τελευταια τους :)

      Delete